Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Grind of 2017 and the promise for 2018!































Going back to the beginning of why I started this challenge in the first place is bitter sweet for me. When my Grandmother passed away it was one of the hardest life experiences I have ever had to deal with to date. It put me in this unfamiliar place of pain, the feeling of helplessness, anxiety, insomnia, and a all over feeling of sadness that I just couldn't seem to shake. When I researched dealing with a  death of a loved one there were all sorts of suggestions, from therapy, meds, time.  One morning after a rough night and waking up not being able to breathe I decided that I had to make  change. I put on my walking gear and I have never looked back..This was kind of like prescribing myself medicine, but instead of taking  pills I decided to work out all of my issues through exercise and meditation. I would walk everyday for one hour no matter what. I cleared my mornings and started. No exceptions. No excuses. I was invested and determined and that's a powerful combination.  All of my anxiety slowly disappeared and slowly I became sane again Every morning for the last 209 days, give or take a day, due to Hurricanes, traveling to bury my Grandmother, or the latest which is a nasty, nasty cold  I have only missed about 10 days total.,
I have so many more goals for this 2018 year to push myself even further. To push this 50 year old body to its top potential: Mentally, Spiritually and Physically.

During  this journey I have lost about 18 - 20 pounds  regained my confidence and pulled though a really tough time. All in all I would say its a win, win situation.

Was it easy ? No!!!  but so, so worth every step...
Here is to many more goals to be met in 2018 including going back to regular blog post.. Which is over due...


Thank you all for  your support this last year,  it has meant the world to me and gotten me through some pretty dark days.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Love to all of you.
Anne


2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!