Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tie Dye, Striped Tee: DIY


 Creating different Patterns for a Tie Dye shirt is so much  fun.
I love finding new ways or just trying random ties and folds to create different patterns.
Here is easy striped tee created with a few folds,
 wrapped around a stake and tied with a cord.
I didn't have a pipe to wrap my shirt around
 but I did have a leftover wood stake from Halloween.
I always like to try and use things I have around my home already.
Tulip Tie Dye has made Tie Dyeing super simple and a lot less messy.
To see how I created this easy, fun shirt just click on Read more.


 Things you need

Stick or Pipe
Cord *Wal-mart
Saran Wrap
Pan with a rack.

  Fold in your sleeves
 Fold your shirt in half.
 Roll your Shirt on your stake or pipe 
* I wrapped my stake in some saran wrap to keep it from absorbing into the wood. Optional.
 Tie your cord at one end.
 Wrap it around your shirt tight. 
I wrapped four times in one spot, this creates bigger stripes.

I used Fuchsia and Turquoise but any color combo would be great.
Fill your Tulip Tie Dye Bottle to the line with water.
 I used Fuchsia for one side and the Turquoise for the other side.
 Let it sit for at least 5-6 hours.*Letting it sit overnight would be best.
Rinse in cold water until the water runs clear.
Hang dry.
When you do wash your shirt, wash in cold water. 
*If you want add a small amount of white vinegar to your wash 
this would make your colors last longer.
Hang dry or dry on low.



 I am eventually going to cut this shirt up and make an altered tee out of it,
because that is another one of my favorite things to do. 
But that  my dears, will be another project.
Have a wonderful Monday.
Lots of <3!
Anne 
Want more Tie Dyes?
Go HERE

1 comment:

  1. This shirt came out beautifully! Out of all the images online this is the 1 I'd like 2 try out but dont know if my shirt should b damp or not. Urs looks dry but u can never go by looks. Keep on keepin on the cool threads and maybe u can throw out an answer sometime. Peace out!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!